PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 05:52
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuba Mirum

I used my real name so that people shy of going through the site could (with a little effort) get in touch with me directly. I have also offered my home phone number to apparently genuine contributors.
I have no connection whatsoever to the others you, for whatever reason, have associated me with.
I have been pursuing this line since a few weeks after the crash through all possible channels – it was the inappropriate, indeed irrational, responses I got that raised my suspicions.
I came to this site to air this view to those who could contribute constructively to either closing off this unpleasant possibility or corroborating it and taking the issue further with professional support.
It is with great distaste I found that the forum, while spending a great deal of time on other aspects, did not want to touch on that of basic navigation in those local conditions: apart from the list I put in my last posting (of issues I think were clarified on this site by discussion on this nav theme) there is one glaring addition: while I was initially asking about transportable nav beacons no one came up with a description of the system adopted by the RAF in Chinooks only a year later; they could have qualified such a description with something like a statement that they were not available before such-and-such a date, for example, but nothing at all was said – I had to get the information from other sources (it’s no great secret in other NATO countries).
I don’t know why you are all getting so wound up just now anyway – I was patiently waiting for the SSR code from the FOI questions – I did not intend posting anything further here until I heard the response – however, if you all keep placing posts which I think may mislead recent readers, you are forcing rebuttals – so get on with your usual banter in your comfort zone and take your own advice – ignore this theme and it will consequently remain lean – it will end naturally when this simple navigation system question has been put to bed.