PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job situation in USAl
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2005, 04:49
Jobear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjbow2

Hey not to throw salt into any soreness you may have toward avaition here in the US but how many pilots worldwide are still furloughed?
According to ALPA there are currently 5620 pilots still furloughed from US operators. This of course does not include non-union or carriers that went out of business after 9-1-1. Estimates run up near 15,000 total pilot jobs lost in just the US alone. How does that compare to what the rest of the world lost since 9-1-1? I am not saying that September11th was the catalyst for all the furloughs or defunct airlines, but it sure didn't help.

As for your comments on wages I'll just ask what the median income is in those countries you mentioned in your post? Also what is the cost of living in those countries?

I welcome our young Italian friend to our shores and hope he becomes a citizen raises a family and lives the American no the World wide dream here in the land of Milk & Honey.

And I believe what 767 was eluding to was pilots at certain US carriers both major and regional accepting precieved or real substadard wages and dragging down the pay in total for all US operators.

Thanks for the chance to voice my .02 cents, is that tax deductable?

Jobear