PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot rebels against security check
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 18:07
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Boeman

Yes certainly I will let you know...

Where do you want me to start

BA captain with a package to deliver for a freind...Not an offence at the time (probably still isn't) so no police action.

BM Stewardess with a tear gas canister, yes she knew what it was, but wasn't aware it's illegal in the UK.

Those are 2 I have dealt with, customs, to my certain knowladge have arrested crew with packages being brought back to the UK, beliving they were drugs, yes they were in the cases I know of, but easy enough to dupe someone into beliving it's drugs when it isn't.

So, I have let you know. So, as I say, wouldn't happen? It has!

Perhaps, you should go and have a look at the collection of weapons (exculding nailfiles etc) that the BAA take from pax/crew/airside workers in the UK. It will probably suprise you.

No, in fact I don't think you are trying to be a prima donna, and common sense does has to be applied. Common sense dictates that, yes you can point your plane where you like once the doors shut and there is sod all security can do about it. If that was the whole story, I would agree with you that there is no purpose to be served in searching any pilot. However it isn't the whole point, and thats is where you and I will have to agree to differ.