PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDI Approaches (Split topic)
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 13:59
brain fade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoilers.
Perhaps my rather intemperate writing style makes me seem angrier than I really am. Ultimately a minute or two either way is never going to be more than simply that. What gets my goat is arriving south of EDI on a gin clear evening to be told you're number 7 and the getting vectored over half of bleeding Scotland (alomg with everyone else).
re 'my back up'. Didn't really intend to have such a go at EDI but quite glad I did if it gets people thinking. I'm based there (for several years now)and fed up with what i see as frankly extremely sloooooooow ATC. (not unsafe, just slow). The tower controller telling me how they ignore the wind was just the 'straw for the camels back'.

1261 I saw your post re GLA 'bending the rules' on the other bit of the thread. Surely you're not accusing them of anything. Actually I fully understand what you mean and without offering any other comment I'd just like to add that they are not alone in offering helpful suggestions like this one. Why not 'bend' the rules at EDI also? You've got your std noise to rely on and your 2300' over the city too.