PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Interview
Thread: Excel Interview
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2005, 08:47
DELTABOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was initially a four week course when I started & then when I returned to do part time after a short winter break it was just a two week refresher.
Training is fine, they treat you like an adult & I found all the trainers friendly, approachable & supportive throughout the course. First couple of weeks is the usual SEP/SOP & Inflight Medical training including the defib procedures on Excel Airways mainline B-737-800 fleet, followed by the customer & inflight service training for the remainder of the course. As a Purser you will then go on to do your one week Seniors course usually with a line checker.
There is normally a break for about four weeks while you go out on line & do your check flights & get comfortable with the Excel B-737's & all the relevant procedures before going back into the training centre for your conversion onto Air Atlanta B-757 0r possibly B-767-200/300, its usually B-757 if your part time as I mentioned in my earlier reply to you.
This course is normally one week & you have to relearn a whole load of other SEP/SOP's & go through the evacuation drills, Fire & smoke & different call outs for the various emergency situations. It is a little confusing at first, but they are only slight variations to Excel's procedures & to be honest, I found Air Atlanta training & procedures very simple. You just need to read up a little before each flight so as not to get yourself confused when conducting the pre flight briefing. Then your out on line after your Air Atlanta check flight.
Good Luck & let us know how it go's