PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2005, 20:18
Mu Beta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I see what you mean. I stand corrected. I hope then that he called an engineer.

My friends and I had been due to fly at 3pm but were held up by the previous flight overrunning till nearly 4pm. Kevin arrived back in the aircraft and was still with it when we went to check it over. When we pointed the oil out to him he said it was grounded and headed back into the Northumbria Helicopters office, I assumed to put in the flight log that he'd grounded it after his flight and tell Neil.

We went back to the Flying School office and when we arrived Kevin was on the 'phone telling Neil. Neil said he was going over to have a look and see if anything needed tightening up.

My friends and I left then as we didn't really have the time to wait for another aircraft to become available 40 minutes or so later.

That is the extent of my actual knowledge of what happened. I don't actually know if anyone did any work on the aircraft or not and therefore don't think I have any grounds for reporting anything. I assume Kevin and Neil will have done the right thing between them. I certainly hope so.