PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel Interview
Thread: Excel Interview
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2005, 15:30
DELTABOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't sound very professional pandora...you obviously must have looked bored. Perhaps you should be looking for another career chuck!
Out of interest did you manage to get a cabin crew position in the end with anyone?

I did 3 years for them as a Purser, 2 of those were on a part time contract based at LGW. I operated on a 5 days on 9 days off roster & at the time of leaving last summer part time crew were only permited to operate on the short haul fleet B-737 & B-757. However, with the introduction of the B-747 fleet at the end of the year & eventual merger with Air Atlanta Europe I think it will go fleet wide. You also find you don\'t get the night stops so much, they tended to go to the full timers, but I did get a couple of the 5 day trips in Exeter doing the Greek Island rotations & that wacked up the money quite a bit.
I personally found them a very pleasant & friendly company to work for & certainly from a Pursers point of view they seemed to value your experience & look after you. Money is not that great however, I was taking home between £850- £1000 per month. But then again there aren\'t many jobs around where you get that for working just 10 days a month on average & some of those days are S/BY duties with no call out.
I would take it if you can live on the money & your content with the short haul flying & copious Greek Island, Cypriot & Egyptian flights....Excel love their long days!
Good Luck!