PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX-What's news?
Thread: CX-What's news?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2001, 02:13
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod Eddington and others,

We understand the need to feed one's family. However, unions are private clubs and vet prospective members because they want to be certain that come the day of industrial action (and there have been a few in CX), the member is not going to pretend to support the union and then quietly not participate because he realises he may (or in case of CX will) be fired/demoted.

I make no judgement on a person who choses to ignore a union directive so long as they do so openly and if necesary resign from the union, or in your case, understand that you will not be welcome in the AOA. Essentially, do what you have to do openly and front up to the consequences.

The current empasses is not due to personalities. It is due to one or both sides feeling their position at the table is not yet strong enough and the ban is but a convenient excuse.

It has been suggested that the ban could be temporarily lifted. I am not saying it wont happen, but I do struggle to see how this would operate. Can someone flesh it out? Would it also apply to the guys suspended/blacklisted for not following AOA directives other than the IFALPA ban?

[ 25 November 2001: Message edited by: Liam Gallagher ]