PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Have A Week
Thread: You Have A Week
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2005, 13:03
althenick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KPAX

Ok i'll bite since yours looks like a serious post.

1. Scrap A400M
What would you replace the hercs with?

2. Scrap new carriers
1/2 agree with this one - A couple of wasp class type LHD's would do the job for STOVL a/c but if the UK went with CATOBAR then we need them (I'm assuming your RAF - well after the Falklands adventure I think it would be wise to have them dont you?)

3. All BritMil air assets under RAF control
HA HA HA HA HA HA - God your a comedian! do you know how much that would cost? 1st off the AAC - 90% non-comm aircrew so you'd have to commision all of them (Well the ones who didn't tell the RAF to foxtrot oscar - would be interesting to see how many would) any way that = £££££. Then there's the WAFU's. Absorb them into the RAF and the assets and all of a sudden you'd have a retention problem with guys and girls not wanting to go to sea. The spotty teenagers wont want to join the RAF for the same reason. Unless you meant equipment only in which case it may be a sound idea.

4. Buy more C17's
Now thats a good idea! and if we could expand the order for JSF then that would be nice too

5. Move Valley to Akrotiri
Why? - From what my Brother tells me, its a sh1thole. Or are you a sun worshipper?????