PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Met Office "Upgrade Subscription"
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2005, 11:58
EddieHeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid for the upgrade as I used to get the 5 day forecast in the old expensive fax days and get it each day towards the weekend along with the synoptic charts so I could work out what the weather was doing and plan my weekend jaunts. The upgraded service is not as comprehensive as the old Fax system used to be (or at least I haven't found it as good).
So I also subscribed to avbrief as they do the longer term forecasts in a more useful fashion and also supply notams and route briefings in teh one place.
Having checked out your link though I probably won't renew the met office subscription, unsure about the avbrief one now that the notam site has been sorted out. I'll see how flush I am feeling when renewal time comes around.

I paid for the upgrade as I used to get the 5 day forecast in the old expensive fax days and get it each day towards the weekend along with the synoptic charts so I could work out what the weather was doing and plan my weekend jaunts. The upgraded service is not as comprehensive as the old Fax system used to be (or at least I haven\'t found it as good).
So I also subscribed to avbrief as they do the longer term forecasts in a more useful fashion and also supply notams and route briefings in the one place.
Having checked out your link though I probably won\'t renew the met office subscription, unsure about the avbrief one now that the notam site has been sorted out. I\'ll see how flush I am feeling when renewal time comes around.