PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home network Eureka!!!! Common problem cure found
Old 31st Mar 2005, 11:41
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIXED IT!!!

I had two problems going on, both now sorted and both to do with firewalls!!

The first was the router firewall that needed temporarily disconnecting and the restarting once the connection between the two harddrives had been made (letting it know that the connection existed and could be used), and the second was that the laptop needed putting in the Zonelabs "trusted" zone on the main computer, something I thought had already happenned!

To anyone else trying to create a network that has had troubles like the rest of us have, I started by disconnecting the modem/router from the internet/phone line, shutting down every program running especially the firewalls and anti-virus programs on both, making the connection through the network wizard and checking I was able to transfer files, transferred a big bulk of files then turned on the firewalls and anti-virus's in turn to see which one stopped the transfer. Hey presto, we have one very happy PPRuNer again.

Thanks to everyone that has helped in this thread and the others I've started/contributed to, it makes PPRuNing all the more worth while, what would we do without it.

5mb