PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX-What's news?
Thread: CX-What's news?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 09:20
Snake Hips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Osiris. So 50+ paid up AOA members accepting upgrade training since July. I still don't really understand how this will help the 49ers get their jobs back???

Spineless - the 'fools' that run this airline have overseen virtually uninterupted success, with profit margins the envy of 99% of other carriers, since the 70's and yes EVERYONE played their part in this success.
We are still a well run airline with an excellent product and a debt/equity ratio which means we can survive the current downturn, this is not by accident!

Please do not confuse the current poor relationship between management and aircrew with an ability to sucessfully run an airline. Unfortunately a desire to drive down crew (and other) costs has led to this
state of affairs. I have no doubt crew could have been managed better but the fundemental objective, to drive these costs down, has inevitably led to an erosion of previously enjoyed benefits = unhappy bunnies.

With rumours of the DB brigade strirring up again I despair. I like Traffic's idea of new faces but sadly don't think it will happen.

Is there any light at the end of this bloody long tunnel?