PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX-What's news?
Thread: CX-What's news?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2001, 22:09
Osiris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam, I'm sorry that you appear not to see the trees for the woods. I don't believe I am uninformed on the situation, just trying to look at the reality of the situation, sorry but it may not agree with yours.
In your second paragraph you say that the company would actually prefer all pilots to be blacklisted - so is this the unions idea of the goodwill that they are constantly spouting, ensure all future pilots are blacklisted and help the company?
You tell me that it is simply not true that the return of those that were dismissed is a precondition. However in your response to smallwing you say that unless those that were dismissed are returned the union will cease to exist. Therefore it is not a precondition that the union exists when the cards fall?
You fifth paragraph also is one that causes me concern. The union membership is being represented by people who are dismissed employees trying to get their jobs back. Are they really working for the good of the membership or themselves?
Your final sentence clears it up to all those deciding weather or not to join in these difficult times. This is certainly the only company in the world taking people on the rest are getting rid of them.
As is always the case in these discussions you refuse to even acknowledge smallwings request for information on those accepting upgrades so I will. SMALLWING - I don't know exact numbers but since July well more than 53 union members have accepted and commenced upgrade training (FACT), they will not be shunned by the "private boys club" nor will they be blacklisted, instead some poor unfortunate new joiner will feel the wrath simply because his number came up at an inconvenient moment.
Liam you say that the blacklisting doesn't really affect the union, why have it then? In your words it is only assisting the company in dividing the workforce - ever heard of divide and conquer?
You may say that I am being ignorant but I believe my opinions are a realistic view of the facts without the emotions. Angry no, frustrated yes. As many of us do, I have friends who are being put in the unenviable position, they are not deciding to reject the position, just concerned at the childish and unprofessional way they will be treated by a minority.