PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX-What's news?
Thread: CX-What's news?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2001, 14:56
smallwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Liam,

When the original (and the same) ban on recruitment came from IFALPA, it was targeted towards IFALPA members. You are so right concerning AOA as a "private club" and can choose their members, but if the new recruits were not IFALPA member, why the huss and fuss??

The main point us NON CX employees has it that your own fellow pilots are taking upgrades, thus filling in the spots of the original 49ers. If they had not been dismissed, there wouldn't be such an abundance in upgrade slots. Who is to actually blame, the new SOs or your "fellow mates" that are now captain or FO, right into the slots of the dismissed.

I hope nothing better than to see this mess sorted out before Xmas, as we all deserve a good holiday.

PS, AOA only has so many members now because the pilots are scared they will be sacked as well. Were it that the AOA is actually 100%, I would expect to see more than 98% members voting in favor of the AOA. So far, I have not seen such a thing and with this EGM coming up next month, we will all see how strong it is.

Cheers, and always the best of luck.