PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX-What's news?
Thread: CX-What's news?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2001, 02:29
Osiris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WW no infact it doesn't affect my plans at all.
I am just amazed that the union cannot see the light and go towards it rather than stumble around in the darkness. The company can hold out as long as it likes to get what it wants, unconditionally. Hasn't the current world situation shown us anything ? Noone is indispensible, we are all very easily and quickly replacable. Go and ask the 53 if no job is better than what they had.
You respond well to your own statement. The company said it will return to the negotiating table when the union comes with no preconditions and stops the "industrial action" (which I might add most were not actually putting into practice). The only good faith shown so far is by the company in having the first round of talks when the union still had preconditions ie the recruitment ban. You cannot claim that you have done what was asked by the company and that they keep changing the conditions, you have decided (90%) that you would only satisfy part of the conditions and than cry foul when you are caught out.
The ban will only cause division within the company and give the hard liners someone to take their aggression out on, as can be seen by the number still starting and the numbers being added to the hold file, it is not discouraging people from joining.
As I said before it is a cowardly move by the union and a cowardly move by 90% of 1250 people. Fight your own fight don't get others to do it for you. You are the ones taking the position of 53 people by accepting an upgrade, not someone starting their career.
I am not angry just frustrated at the stupidity and what it is doing to our company.