PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airmed or Aeromadrid?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2005, 09:46
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice,

Is choose the school that you feel comfortable with.
Donīt pick a school just on price alone.

I have gone through the Modular route because of work commitments. However, the big advantage over Intergrated IMHO, is that you can change schools for the various parts. If you commit yourself to Intergrated your stuck at that school, you will find it very difficult to change. This is due to the syllabus (see Lasar ? I think thatīs the name).
On a intergrated you donīt actually get a PPL but a straight CPL
and depending on the school different parts are started at different times. ie, Ground School first, and then flying or vice versa.

I did my PPL at PFT at Oxford, Ground with GTS in Bīmouth, Hours/IMC/Night Britannia Florida.

Iīm actually at BCT/Aerodynamics for the ME/IR/CPL.

Iīm very happy at Aerodynamicīs very relaxed but they make you work hard. Malaga Airport is full IFR so no flying to get to IFR conditions. Great flying similar to the the UK and it does rain too. It can get a bit bumpy. Good night life lotīs of things to do. everybody speaks English inc ATC/Instructors/Barmaids.
Big advantage over USA, you can go home for a couple of days and for about 70 quid.

The Accomodation side was really disorganised but they have sorted this out in the last few weeks.
All in all, canīt recommend them enough.
Iīd visit loads of schools first before committing, including the ones in Spain.
Anyway, thereīs my two pennyīs worth.

Orvil
I wish I could fly