PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT - Europes finest FTO
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 18:58
VC10 Rib22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atyourcervix73,

as much as pprune does tend to encourage you to be cynical I can assure you I am most definitely a student at Oxford and not one of their employees.

Rob Lloyd,

thank you for deleting 99% of my post - being not too au fais with fast typing it took me some time to write. I presume this was because you thought my defence of Oxford, in the form of stating its facilities, constituted some form of advertising and removed it on that basis. If this was the case then I apologise, it was not meant to come across as this. I, like 'Ride the Fire', was peeved that people were happy to have a dig at Oxford and wanted to try and provide some balance - maybe needed, I think, seeing as you, as a moderator, edited my post yet were quite happy to leave 'father murry' 's remark about Oxford's aircraft "fallin to bits". You also wrote 'RTFQ'....I didn't know there was one. If you were reflecting on the fact that I didn't comment on the initial post topic, this is because there has been a thread on it running for two weeks in the Professional Pilot Training Forum, which, if you RTFQ, is where you should move this thread to.

father murry,

when you have been been in aviation long enough you will realise that all aircraft eventually suffer faults, it is an absolute given, no matter how well maintained they are. Bearing in mind how often these Senecas are used, and the environment they operate in, I'm not at all surprised this situation has occurred. Sure, it would be nice to have state-of-the-art equipment but, Oxford being the money-making business it is, who do you think would ultimately pay for it? - it would be me and all the other students. As long as they can still do their job safely and effectively, which is what will they will do post-spar repairs, then I will gladly train on them. Finally, do try searching for subjects before you post on them to save server space, and do try to post in the correct forum.