PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 15:35
metric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MD.....hmmmmm

I've tried to be very balanced about my comments on MD and I could not agree more with those who say we need the competition out there. The MD 902 forced ECto get the EC135T2 to where it is now in the UK, and I think the Uk users should be pleased about that.

MD sold off their Civil helicopter programme and then joined Boeing. Why? There is not much money in developing and selling new helicopters in today's litigous and highly certified and controlled World. Ask Eurocopter for a special MOD these days and see what reply you get there.

The money is not in making civil helicopters and it remains a mystery (I won't even start to guess where the money comes from) why individuals choose to buy helicopter companies. Frankly they must be mad or keen to make a tax-loss. How does it go? Want a small fortune! Start with a big one and buy a helicopter (company)!

Yup we need competition and it would be really nice if some rich gent dipped into his pocket to pay MD to be some pace-setting hare! Well, maybe someone will want to buy MD....look where the money comes from in Football these days.

'33 switches in the air versus 19 in the hangar' - good phrase and just about sums it up!

hmmmmm