PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT PPL Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 12:03
UberPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EFT PPL Accreditation

Sorry, this has probably been asked many times before but Lasors seem a bit ambiguous and not many people at Flying clubs seem to know.

According to the CAA Lasors,

'Graduates from the Service Elementary Flying Training Course (commenced November 2000 onwards) will be presented with a Course Completion Certificate by, No.1 Elementary Flying Training School, indicatating Full or Partial accreditation towards the JAR-FCL PPL (A) requirements detailing either a fully completed accredited course or completed parts of an accredited course...

Graduates presented with a partial course completion certificate will be credited only the elements completed during EFT training. Student will be required to complete the outstanding elements to qualify for license issue

So, as a former UAS VR cadet am I to assume that a fully completed EFT course (no Cranwell ground school) constitutes 'partial' accredidation? In which case to 'claim' my PPL at an FTO I require a CFS Certificate? (Or do I simply take my log book along?).

If the above is true, then the correct course of action to obtain a PPL is to get a partial completion certificate, Take and Pass all ground exams and complete the 270 km-2 aerodrome-landaway (Again, a bit ambiguous, Dual and Solo or just Dual?)

Any clarification on this would be appreciated (Yes, I have serached already, but not that clear).

Thanks

Last edited by UberPilot; 30th Mar 2005 at 13:18.