PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delay Stories
Thread: Delay Stories
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 07:09
Captain Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago, with BA in SIN. They had a brand new 747-400 delayed for 24 hours in SYD. Luckily I new someone in SIN airport checkin so new the flight was delayed into SINonroute to LHR, so I didnt even go to the airport. The next day, turned up ontime, checked in, got to the gate and another tech delay was apparent. Due to flight crew hours on this long sector, BA again wanted to night stop the aircraft but due to a big convention in SIN at the time there was a lack of hotels for the pax. So after several hours the fault was fixed (we had been given food and drinks in the departure gate) we departed for London. Due to the crew hours we landed in Rome (I think), in the meantime BA had flown out a complete set of new crew on a 757 from London. So we landed in Rome, the new crew got on, the old crew sat in the cabin, fuel was uplifted together with some more food, and we were on our way in 45 minutes. Personaly I was impressed by the way BA looked after every one. Bet you wouldnt get this with RYN or EJ
You get what you pay for