PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA Orphans
Thread: UK CAA Orphans
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2005, 06:55
diso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK CAA Orphans

I own a Glos Airtourer (look here to find out about the type http://www.airtourer.asn.au/ ), all owners of the same type have recently been advised by our CAA that we may no longer be able to operate our aircraft on a C of A, but may have to transfer to a Permit.

Assuming that the CAA means a PFA Permit and not a CAA Permit OR EASA Permit (can anyone enlighten us on that?), I am interested to canvass opinion from owners/operartors who have experience of operating aircraft under both systems (PFA and C of A). What, if any, are the advantages of operation under PFA rules as opposed to C of A? Given a choice, which system would you operate under and why? Besides the flying limitations, what other drawbacks are there when operating on a PFA Permit.

Answers to some of these questions may help some of us decide how we should proceed with the CAA. Above all, we need to know what the PFA are like to deal with when airworthiness problems arise perhaps due to lack of spares parts, or maybe when something needs to be manufactured to stay airworthy. Broadly speaking, do these types of problems take long to resolve with the PFA, quicker or slower than with the CAA? Are there any examples that you can cite? (I realise that airworthiness problems are very subjective but I just want to get a feel for the situation)

Would, in your opinion, our aircraft be easier or harder to sell, would they be worth more or les on a Permit?

Your thoughts, views or experiences, together with any help or advice with the above will be much appreciated.