PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 19:16
Tuba Mirum

Though non-military, and indeed, not a flyer, I ask your indulgence in permitting me to post for a second time on this thread. I have a legitimate interest in the subject, based on my concerns about the reliability and auditability of software-based control mechanisms, but I do not propose to raise any of those concerns in detail.

Walter Kennedy: you claim credit for establishing certain “pertinent factors” about this accident. As a non-military non-pilot, I am unable to comment on the accuracy or otherwise of those points. They may be accurate; they may indeed, for all I know, have a bearing on the actual cause of the crash.

All this, however, is quite irrelevant and unnecessary to the actual purpose of this thread, which, it seems generally agreed, is to pursue the point that there has been insufficient evidence presented to find Flt Lts Tapper and Cook guilty of gross negligence. Worse, it threatens to distract attention from that point; and by doing so, to offer an opportunity to those who have an interest in obfuscating matters and thus tending to maintain the status quo. I presume there is no disagreement that such individuals exist.

Like others, I have wondered why you should do this, when your obvious intelligence would suggest that you must see the possible consequences of your continued hammering at obscure technical points. I note the following point, which may or may not be relevant: you share with “John Purdey” and with “Mike Hegland” a handle which appears to be an actual name (as opposed to an obvious pseudonym), but which is apparently not your real name. In this, the three of you differ both from Brian Dixon (who posts, as far as I can tell, under his real name), and from the majority of PPRuNers, who post, as I do, under pseudonyms. A little thought will show that you also share with those two individuals a tendency to try to disrupt the purpose of the thread, as outlined above.

You also keep strange hours for Western Australia. Do you work shifts?

I join with others in wishing you would go away from this thread. If you have significant points to make, it is open to you to start another thread in which you can make them, and engender such interest as you can in them. You are doing less than no good here.