PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets - Should you? and Which?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 16:18
Banjo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NR Fairy,
Yes that was the mooney accident. there was another report linked to this accident later that went in to the ANR aspect in more detail.

Flingwing,
Sorry I was not meaning to say ANR cause accidents but simply pointing out that for some pilots (we do all hear in different degrees) in certain circumstances it "may" cause a problem. I still highly recommend them for all the reasons stated here.

Belly Tank,
I agree, I wear glasses a lot when flying and the seal on the Bose X is not good enough. Once broken the majority of the protection/benefit of the headset is lost. That was why I preferred the Telex 50's though larger they did still work great with glasses due to the bigger padding. Oh and they still work great should the ANR turn off with a flat battery if you forget a spare unlike the Bose)

As an aside the benefit of a battery powered set over panel power is that you can still use them outside the A/C especially helpful when going to the boot or rear doors of say a 206 with the motor running. Have used mine when pressed into ground crewing on the odd occasion.

P.S. sorry for using your computer M.T. forgot you were logged in.