PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Pay
Thread: Flying Pay
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 16:05
Filthy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Flying Pay

Chaps,

Today I have had some news from PMA that will effect ALL Airmen Aircrew that have commissioned in to Officer Flying Branches. On commissioning I understood that the length of time in receipt of NCA Flg Pay was overlayed on the Officer scale and you started on that rate. Indeed that is what happened to myself in 1999.

In Apr 03 the bean counters in town noticed that in fact this method was in correct and that ALL should start at the Officer Intial rate 0 Years. They decided to draw a line in the sand and all before Apr 03 would be able to continue on the current scheme (Although a mistake had been made) after this date they would be placed on the initial rate.

On the 12 of this month I should have progressed onto a higher rate but as they are reviewing the policy they have not done so because they believe a change in policy will be coming in the next two-weeks.

The current rules state that I am entitled to the next rate having been in receipt of the current rate for 4 years although there is no rule (at the moment) stopping this can they withold this until the new rules come into force?

PMA have stated that "a mistake had been made and a decision was made to limit the extent of this (Apr 03) however this decision is now under review and it may be that it is reversed. This would result in a number of Commissioned Airmen Aircrew in various branches being placed on the correct band of flying pay".

When questioned whether they could reduce the band or mark time rules would apply, they stated as it was additional pay the mark time rules did not apply and many WOULD SEE CUTS IN FLYING PAY .

Gents, I am at a loss on this one can any of you experienced chaps out there or anyone in the same boat give any wise words/guidance on this matter. I am already pursuing the PSF route however looking for other options.