PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ground Effect
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 14:37
matador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fisrt of all I would like to thank you all for your responses, they all hold a nice piece of advice.
Of course G.E and down wash are two differnt aspects of the air blown downwards and also agree 100% with HF on fire fighting issues and technics.
The simple question I was trying to ask (but very difficult to answer in few words ) is:
Supposedly G.E. has some values up to 1.5 rotor diameters, but if you have a tandem rotor, Which rotor diameter do we use to calculate, one of them? or the addition of the two? or some value in between..?? and what if you have one on top of the other??
In downwash values same thing applies. If you have to maintain in the air a 5 tons helicopter, which would have the more downwash ? the one with a main rotor ? or other tipe of rotors (intermeshing, one above the other..??)
Have you heard about that saying ??... A fool is able to ask questions that a wise man will not be able to answer .... or something like that. (Not that I consider myself one of them - fool or wise )
P.D. It all has to do with some russian experienced pilots talking about downwash on KAMOVS that I would like to check.
Buen vuelo