PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Biggest Aviation Question: Fuel Supply
Old 29th Mar 2005, 09:45
7gcbc
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life as a Journey,

"The idea of denial suggests an underlying truth to assertions made, which appear to be that civilization is coming to a close"

I like your nome de plume, kind of my sentiments also it is a journey, however when you speak of civilisation coming to a close, and when I refer to and tacitly agree with Uncommon Sense, we're not talking doom and gloom of civilisation as a whole, we're talking about the demise of western economies and their basis of productivity on a finite resource, Its plain to see that the US foreign policy is a short term punt (over the course of human history the 20th century zenith of western supremacy is well, 1/20th....) small stuff , a blip, hardly the end times.

However, That affects us , and more importantly will affect our children, as the resources we now use should and must be put to a sustainable plan forward, thing is, Money talks and BS walks, and no one currently in a position of power has the guts to commit what is essentially political suicide for a "prospective" statue some hundred years hence.

As an analyst in the financial services industry, I have no tips, no magic solution, no panacea, but I do see elliotwave for what it is, a money making website, and if I had one piece of advice for younger players (i'm not forty myself) , it is as you say , to enjoy the journey because life is so short, but what will be there when they end their journey, if we make a mess that we won't be around to clean up.

what use is 60 gazillion in shares, if you can't get clean water or air ?

We in OZ are linked by policy, culture and finances to the US, our quality of life (if you can call it that) has been based over the last 4 decades on a position of economic supremacy based on diggin' black stuff outta the ground, when that ends, we had better have made alternate arrangements.

If you have it "made" then fair play to you, it is an enviable position to be in, however how many young ATPLs here with the ink barely dry on their licence will survive if the airline industry takes a few more successive punches ?

Doom and Gloom is one thing, concern about our childrens' future is another.

Last edited by 7gcbc; 29th Mar 2005 at 10:23.