PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 's to close (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 07:53
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
EESDL/Kippermate - 'they' tried to get me to go back to the UAS world a few years ago. But having kept in touch with the way things had gone to hell in a handcart, I resisted that as strongly as I could and didn't go in the end. The UAS system has indeed been ruined; just remember what it was like a mere 10 years ago (possibly not even that far back) when it was a far, far better place to be for QFIs and students alike.

It cannot hope to attract high calibre students when anyone working hard enough to gain a good degree would prejudice their chances of FJ streaming by the associated lack of flying continuity.

RAF Abingdon in the early '90s with folk like StopStart to teach was highly rewarding. I didn't think that I'd enjoy it as much as I did - but it turned out to be a very useful tour which was also a lot of fun. AARRGGH - I used the 'f' word! I know how the beancounters hate that.....

Summer camps at St Mawgan...leading 'convoys' during Civil Defence week...Junta tailchasing...Thursdays in Town... Such harmless fun! And it all cost the square root of bugger all in real money.

Last edited by BEagle; 29th Mar 2005 at 08:03.