PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2005, 04:01
29_right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Apple,

Like turboprop I don’t agree with you. All the contact I have had with HKE has been great, I haven’t spent any money of my own (except for buying a plane ticket to travel to interview, just like all other airlines) They are paying for our endorsements, which is a substantial amount of money. They are paying for tickets to Hong Kong. The conditions aren’t those you get at CX or KA but they have been up front in telling everyone so. You have an agreement to return service for 3 years. this is not unreasonable with respect to Australian operators, you would expect the same even to fly a regional turbo prop i.e. REX 2 yrs (and really if you want to leave pay the value of the training, this would create a situation the same as paying for your own type rating i.e. free to leave).
Most of us are now finalizing employment contracts and visas, and in general the contract has been accepted by all future drivers. Unfortunately like your post there have been a few negative posts re: Heli Hong Kong, but with the authors not saying "why" they think the company "sucks" it is unlikely the guys that have had the nod will reconsider the employment agreement.
I also emphasise that HKE has the support of other individuals of excellent reputation and as such I am encouraged to pursue the dream.

So if you have something to tell us please do! All involved would appreciate the information.