PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT - Europes finest FTO
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2005, 14:36
father murry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OAT - Europes finest FTO

Blinkin `ell someone is for the high jump down at OAT.

I`ve just heard that almost the entire fleet of Senneca`s has been grounded cos there just about fallin to bits!

Surley it didnt need the men with the big hats and gold plated magnifing glasses from the CAA to tell them that. I could have told them this last year when i was doing my IR in one of those old `bone shakers`. They are as old as the so called instructors they still have on the books down there.

Perhaps someone has taken their eye off the ball momentarily whilst counting all that lovely APP cash thats rolling in?

I remember when i was there a vey entertaining, if rather twitchy, MD explaining to all us APP students that he wanted to run OAT `like an airline so we would have experience of what it will be like working for a commercial airline`. Well, Sir, i do now work for an airline and if i pitched up for work one morning to be told by Ops. that half the airlines fleet had been grounded not only would the airline go bust within about a week but the MD would recieve a short sharp boot up the backside.

Im sure this wont happen this time cos despite my comments OAT is a very good outfit and that MD i was on about is clearly a smart guy overall. Perhaps it might teach them though not to be so greedy with all that income and again do what the airlines do and
constantly renew the companys main assets - the aircraft - instead of all the cosmetics around the place like new shinny flat screen TV`s, slick marketing materials and office refurbs.

Best of British to those in IR training caught up in this. I only hope OAT will cover the costs of a good old piss up down the Boatman tonight. After all you havent got to fly in the morninig!!!!