PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A wee Aberdeen Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2005, 12:15
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They won't re-time any existing scheduled flights into the wee early hours.Always a possibility the odd scheduled flight may see the light of day between say 2230hrs & midnight, & at the moment I'd say that's doubtful as BA et al are happy with what they do at ABZ.

Odds on that the"magnificant 4"during the night would be holiday charters at the weekend & maybe a mixture of holiday/freight flights Mon-Thu.(Only so many ways they can split 4!!)

As for destinations,I think Spain,Spain,Spain & Spain stand a good chance if IT flights are scheduled overnight!

BAA have excitedly said(if you believe newspaper reports!!)that they have been talking to "DOZENS" of operators.Erm,I assume that means charter/tour operators rather than airlines!And I doubt if it's dozens!

Think the main benefit,as ABZ MD Andy Flower has mentioned,is that it removes the uncertainty for airlines that want to schedule maybe an evening flight to/from ABZ that their aircraft won't be stuck at Dyce overnight because the airport is shut.

That may be of more benefit than anything scheduled overnight.