PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil ATC Careers
Thread: Mil ATC Careers
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2005, 10:37
whowhenwhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give it 10 years and we'll deploy the same way as the army. When they go they take everything that they need with a few specialized Units added on as the NFU element. Police, medics, infantry, admin etc. We'll end up doing that, deploying with our stn based ac and leaving behind a care and maintenance crew. More AVOs or local volunteer reserve commitment, with a backbone of deployable troops, that can look after the Stn on a care and maintenance footing until everyone comes home for tea and medals.

I also don't think that Gp have got any problem in working out what to do to keep ATC as a viable element within our expeditionary force, but I think they might be having problems in getting all the money that they need to pay for everything.

BTW, I wasn't suggesting that Mil Area radar will go soon, but it's reasonable to assume that that in about the same timescale as mentioned above, we'll see a move towards it. By 2010 (I think it was said) we're only going to have 64 muds and 16 fighters. Not a lot of ac for Mil area radar to control!