PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air - Positives and Negatives...
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2005, 18:52
Eddie_699

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lorry_Driver

I Don't agree with you Mate at all, The life ain't ZERO for white men here as you said or for any body else.

They are allot of westerns in Oman and they love it here, working in many places, Schools, Hospitals, Petrloum companies etc etc and I know some of them been living in Oman for more then 15 to 20 years. and another Bloke I met in a Pub who raised his Children there.

If you are saying It's not a place for a religous person. Well they are more then 3 Churches in Muscat and I know a Priest who is been there for about 18 years.

I Been to Oman and I like the place, People are very friendly .. compare to other GCC states, very beautiful country .. Liberal country .. women can drive cars (not like other GCC states) .. Pubs every where .. Men and women are equal .. in Oman they are 3 women ministres.

I Lost direction last time I been there I stopped a Police car to help me out and show me the right road and I was so amazed to see the Omani Police women in their uniform and driving a police car which you will never find it in any other GCC states.

Mate I Believe they are 2 most liberal countries in the Gulf, Oman & the UAE.

Give it a try Mate you won't regret it... Lets not forget this Oman is very peaceful country.

Cheers

Eddie