PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP Selection
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2005, 13:27
Capt Pit Bull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NN

yet again a posting from an outsider desperate to be in.
Just to be sure, is this a reference to me not being in BA and wishing I was?

Exactly how is BA reeling from it's competition?
I'm not going to get into this, for several reasons. Firstly its a thread divergence, secondly it might involve commercially sensitive information. Thirdly I'm no commercial genius and only see one small segment of the market. In that segment BA are definitely hurting. If you wish to discuss it more, lets go to PMs.

But hey, never let the facts get in the way of an anti BA post. Pathetic.
Call it pathetic if you wish. It was intended as a constructive critiscism in that I feel any company that believes it is the top of the pile should be very careful to take note when potential employees start acting in a manner that suggests otherwise.

Its really the same thing as the CRM mental model / confirmation bias thing. It is risky to just write it off as a problems with the applicants. Earlier in the thread it was stated that the applicant often did not have a clear reason for wanting to work for BA. Is it not a least possible that the reason is because the advantages are not anywhere near as clear cut as they once were? Isn't that something we should all worry about? Getting the right people - well, it doesn't get any more important than that.

Now obviously these are in the minority but if they are running the fleet and their attitudes are seeping through maybe its that attitude that\'s letting people down at Cranebank.
<nods> Could well be. I'm not very clued on the internal working at BACX. I have a few mates there as well but I'm kind of out of touch.

CPB