PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey saga set to land in court
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 16:54
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminator..........
Now that we know whos camp your in, let me explain.........
Nobody is shooting anyone down. As I said it all comes down to the almighty Rand.
Firefighting, Slingloads, and Airshows are great but not as much money as hauling (SLF)Self Loading Freight on short term tours..
AND if I were a betting man. I would (for less money) use a sling aircraft that could pick up more than a B204 with a -11 engine. Same with a Bambi Bucket. Educated folks who intend on Sling work or Fire work would not even consider a B204 over a B205 for the same price. So either someone sold the Owner/Purchaser of this nice machine a bill of goods or eventually butts will hit the canvas seats depending on the mood of the Courts and CAA.
Another point here is that SWFA does take a UH-1B/204 and install 212 drive train, larger tailboom, and the -703 engine. If one were to invest in a Sling Aircraft that would be the ticket. IT is a real hauler. This does not appear to be the case in this situation.
Airshows by all means as this is a pretty aircraft and would be a real hit......Revenue?? not at airshows unless you haul PAX....
So for whoever invested in it with the kind of money mentioned here, Im sure want a return. Which makes your statement a case of smoke and mirrors to anyone in the helicopter industry.

Last edited by B Sousa; 24th Mar 2005 at 17:13.