PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 744 Diversion to MAN (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 11:58
MPH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Speedpig:
Thanks for considering anybody whom does not fly the B744 'general puplic'. After having crossed the north,mid and south Atlantic more than 6oo times, I find that rather amusing!
Well, on the trijet question their are no ETOPS considerations and the real limits are related to Fl/Alt when you lose two engines and are pushing along on one! The point of the matter on this loong forum is, whether or not this flt. operated safely? Yes, it did according to that operators SOP's and policies and in fairness the B744 redundancie in systems. Whether, I would have done it, as said befor, no! Respects to this crew as, they are the only ones whom where up there, (apart from the CC and Pax!).
Why I would not have continued well, I think that you are exposing yourself to more probalities of something going wrong. And, from the start of this flight I would have imagined that fuel consumtion would have been the biggest concern if I had decided to continue.
note: Apart fromTrijets also the Dc8's and B742 are also under the belt!!! So, no more joke's on the good and noble D10 and the formidable MD11!!!