PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RHODES-SANTORINI incidents?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 11:53
OXOGEKAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Greek freak, first of all, you should not be in the cocpit, especially during the t/o!
Secondly, it is not fair, to accuse someone who let you in the cocpit, because (i am sure) YOU asked it!
According to the incidens of AEGEAN, what is known, the captain of the SANTORINI incident, is being dismissed, because he landed far - in the runway. He and his plane, were lucky, of not falling beneath the airport's perimeter......
What I am acussing, is that the policy of some airlines is, "try to land and do not over-shoot (go-around)". This is NOT the policy of OA. And I can assure you, after 16000 hours and +, that I have loged in my books. I excecuted many go-arounds.
This type of "competition" is the reason of those two incidents. Of course OA has in the past incidents, that were "first page" on the newspapers, and on tv. On all those incidents, commanders where asked "why" and "how". And they were punished acordingly.
It is not fair to blame coleques (of all airlines), because after all these years, what I learned is that.
Airplane is like a bitch! You dont know when and how it will bite!
Airplane is NOT a friend!
The one who says that he is an aviator, is the one who is first in the list, of doing something stupid.
A good pilot, is the pilot who resings!
So keep calm. Blame only the policy of the operators.
And as far as I understand, if the pilots in AEGEAN are not going to establish a UNION, they will have lots of problems!
A UNION IS A MUST!