PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RHODES-SANTORINI incidents?
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 09:56
greek-freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cringe:
thanks for the info, I must have missed that the Spiegel-article was talking about the santorini incident......

Bantios:
there is some confusion there concerning the autoland, this has nothing to do with wind etc....... I just refered to the rumour (or fact?) mentioned in the 3rd post of Oxogekas, that while weather was below CAT 1 minima in LGTS due to the usual fog, aircraft landed with autoland when there was nothing more than a CAT 1 ILS installed and that this seems to have been tolerated by HCAA.

In what concerns crew reading newspapers, I have seen them doing that while taxiing to holding point rwy 33R at Hellinikon, captain passing interesting articles or car-advertisements to his co-pilot, looking up once in a while to make sure he is still on the twy.

At the holding point the same crew was instructed to line up behind a landing A300, since captain was still reading his newspaper, he did not pay attention to ATC instructions by the female controller and asked his co-pilot "ti ipe i malako;", something like "what did the bi*** say?"

I have been sitting on the jump seat during that flight.