PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA DEP Selection
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 09:22
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhythm method

I don't know who Hot Wings is, but I can't help wondering if he has an insight into recruiting, and is possibly expressing an accurate (though general) description of a proportion of BACX candidates?

You can't deny that every BACX applicant has an advantage over anyone else, as they are all guaranteed the opportunity of presenting themselves personally for interview.

At the interview stage, it is my personal opinion, that BA couldn't give a stuff whether you are a capable pilot or not (which is why BA pilots are no better than any others!) If you subsequently don't perform at the sim stage then, bad luck, perhaps you had a bad day, we all do occasionally!

However, at interview, they are going to want to filter applicants in some way. It is up to you as an applicant, to discover what that way is, and prepare for it!

You may very well disagree with BA's chosen method, but if you do, their filter has already started to work!! Rather than resorting to some ridiculous 'conspiracy theory'. I suggest you should be asking, not why did 188 of my colleagues fail! But rather; what did the 12 who succeeded do differently!

On a personal note: I don't know if any BA recruiters read pprune, but if they do, I would imagine it would be very difficult to interview anyone from BACX without having some pretty negative preconceptions!

You have your colleagues to thank for that!

You may also like to confirm that your quote of "Over my dead body" even IF it is accurate, was made by a senior MANAGER, and is the opposite of the position originally adopted in "BALPA discussions over merger..."

Please fill in the blanks for us.

Good luck