PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - many jobs going in Kununurra??
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2005, 00:48
SsaKcaj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mnbvcxzqwertyuiop,

First officer on a chieftain??? What the hell is there to do on a PA31 for a co-pilot? It is an incredbly simple aeroplane for single pilot ops. And what is a PA31ER (I hope you are not refering to a PA31 with nacelle tanks), like a B777-200ER bwahahaha .

Sorry to shoot you down mnbvcxzqwertyuiop, I beg to differ on:
The twin time I am getting on the Chieftain now, is invaluable. I nearly have 1200 hrs and I should get my Captaincy on the PA31ER shortly. The multi crew and twin experience I have gained, will set me in good steed for any Airline.
The twin time you are getting NOW (as a co-pilot on a PA31) is not worth the ink in the logbook. Same goes with the "multi-crew experience". Most operators requiring or even looking at your multi-crew experience won't count at anything smaller than a metro, and some won't even count that! Once you're getting command time, it is a different story.

I'd be surprised if you are doing real multi-crew in a PA31. Do you actually take-off and land every other sector from the RHS? Is there actually a full panel in the RHS with navaids? or are you just there because the auto-pilot is cactus.

and with regard to
Spend the money and reap the benefits like I have!
what benefits... I'm positive it ain't the bikkies as an "FO" on a PA31. And what money have you spent?? Please don't tell me you are buying PA31 co-pilot time.