PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 17:42
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makila
The post above yours had already been edited when I looked at this thread, but you seem to be missing the point:

People's names (full, abbreviated, nicknames) often appear in posts. 'Outing' forum members who post anonymously is absolutely forbidden, strictly enforced and almost inevitably leads to an immediate and permanent ban from all the forums.
I warned you rather than banning you because you're very new and may not have known the rule. Well, you do now.

If members choose to reveal their real names although posting under a username (as many do in this forum) that's up to them - but it's not for others to blow their anonymity.

If you mean there are other forum members who've been 'outed', then either I haven't spotted it and the member hasn't complained, or I know that member doesn't object.

You are indeed "on the Pprune edge" because you clearly did so maliciously - you coupled it with an offensive comment about the member you named.
The rule is simple. Either stay and comply with it, or find another forum more to your liking - your choice.

Heliport