PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - many jobs going in Kununurra??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 11:48
Frickman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I've tried e-mailing the cheif pilot at Slingair but no reply...

You and hundreds of others. Mate, you've got to get off your ass and drive/fly/walk/swim, or whatever it takes to get to KNX and shake the CP's hand. That's true whether you've got 200 or 2000hrs. Regardless of what anyone tells you this is roughly the right time of the year to go, when the season's about to start. You need to understand that you'll be starting on singles regardless of inst rating and the best that you can hope for is to start off with sweeping the hangar floor. Have a plan, plan to get casual work doing anything just to stay in the area. When you go in to see the CP or Ops Manager dress and act in a manner befitting the position of a company representative, you'd be amazed how many people walk in dressed like ****. Just remember, you need to let them know that your more useful than anyone else so you need to emphasise that it's been your lifelong ambition to be a hangar rat, empty bins, clean toilets etc.

As for well run. They were as dodgy as a bamboo watch when I was there, but that was a while ago.

Good luck, if you do end up there just don't stay too long or you'll go insane, and say G'day to Kim Chick if she's still there.

Oh, I almost forgot. If you offer to fly for free, you'll end up in lake Argyle with concrete shoes. The other thing is that where you trained is not a selling point, we were all trained somewhere. Lastly if you have an instructor rating, unless you're going for an instructing job, I wouldn't push the point.

Last edited by Frickman; 23rd Mar 2005 at 12:12.