PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal action against Naunton Pugh t/a Cape Flying services(Europe)
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 11:28
sanjo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up LEGAL ACTION AGAINST NAUNTON PUGH t/a CAPE FLYING SERVICES (EUROPE).....RESULT

Conclusion to legal action against Naunton Pugh trading as Cape Flying Services (Europe)

The background to this legal action against this UK based company “touting” for Cape Flying Services based in George is well documented and has been debated in depth within this forum under different headings. These threads, clearly, being of South African aviation interest, had attracted an enormous amount of feedback from the forum.

The reason for displaying this thread, again, is primarily, to inform the result to the forum, as I said I would, that the case has been finally concluded in my favour and to warn future, in particular, european based students of the possibility that should things go wrong, no matter how small and legal action is contemplated, when you have signed up with Naunton Pugh, that unless, he recently has clearly changed his literature, he is fully responsible for the course content and it’s implementation.

Therefore, as in my case, when Gerald Todd in South Africa and Naunton Pugh based in the UK decided to brush aside and ignore the problems encountered, no matter how small they seemed and then went on a rampant crusade of blaming each other and character assassination etc to get their point across was not only definitively wrong but displayed a unique perspective of customer service. In their minds you are clearly not supposed to complain or have any reason to!

It does not matter what my ability was or not during the PPL course attended at George in April 2003 but the facts as proven in a proper legal court indicated that a breach of contract existed and Naunton Pugh was fully responsible for the contract implementation.

This legal road has been long, costly, frustrating and in my mind totally unnecessary. Although the true cost of taking action is difficult to quantify the end result and principle is worthwhile. To date no apology has been received or likely to be received by either of these characters but I will gladly bank my bank guaranteed cheque for £887 (R10644) as this cheque will go some way to recover my true costs of this action.

Be careful, like always! When using any service offered by these characters and don’t be afraid to take legal action if the matter is not sorted to a satisfactory conclusion. Because, if you are correct in taking action it is always worth the hassle to get the right result! They like others will soon get the message that the student pilot will not tolerate being ripped off; in the long term, this can only be good for aviation training all over the world

Best Wishes

Sandy Young

Last edited by sanjo69; 23rd Mar 2005 at 11:38.