PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World's longest mail run
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 10:06
Roost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HOA's props are done alot less then any of the Baron's. Once again do your research. Run my hand across the props today, they look fine, and some times of the year HOA does operate into more unsealed strips then sealed, once again do your research.

As for a degree of STOL, it is an infinate scale, you do the charts.

If you have flown a porter you may beleive there are different degrees when you go back to your shrike.

If you compare TAS:FF baron comes out better, try this one TAS:FF:KG payload. Because with out payload the formula is useless.

I know your wrong on your starters and alternator facts, the barons are doing them more often also, and there drives.

Pinky at least my coment is not far fetched, WORST: run the figures on a comet 4 or a Drifter.

Have been to all the strips, have done the research, have crunched the numbers in detail. That is safety, comfort, performance and safety.

So stand by your statement the Titan would be the worst, because I could name you a hundred worse types. I think you may have over done it abit.

GTSIO engines do need to be handled carefully, but that depends on the pilot not the airstrip.

"What will end up on the run is the right Aircraft for the job, the shrike was talked about, but hey if there are enough tourist and a titan is needed then thats what it will get if warrented. And that will make life easy for the pilot, they out perform the cheiftain, there great to fly, there nice to ride in. Would be a great job. . ."

I never even said the Titan would go on the job, I didn't say it would be the best for the job, just made a passing comment. And I stand by my coment. Would be a great job.