PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 09:46
Paris Dakar

Hi TJ,

Ok - I'll go first then

I look at it this way: I used to handover my yearly subs to the old NAC and in return I flew their aeroplanes.....................sometimes. Why sometimes? Well sometimes they weren't available - tech/already booked out. Sometimes I was phoned enroute to be told that the aircraft I had booked was now offline.

So, I'm driving up to EGNT and my mobile rings (I stop at this point to answer it ), 'sorry but the plane you booked is not available now'. Since I have already passed V1 I don't care cos I can always get a beer at the club.............................wrong! It's shut and no-one seems to know why, not too worry I'll hang around............................no-one turns up .

So, if NC provides a better (possibly cheaper?) service then he gets my £50 squids no qualms. If MB ensures that WINGS operates on more than an 'ad-hoc' basis then he gets my money too.

To sum up - if we end up flying the same planes from the same place with some of the same faces, and drink in the same (but newly furnished bar) place for roughly the same money BUT WITHOUT THE POLITICS, then that makes me happy

I'll get me coat................................................