PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 08:01
semirigid rotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GCN: I have about 1000hrs on the 135, and have been flying a CDS and CPDS T2 for the last 2 1/2 years or so. In addition I was an engineer for about 18 years before I went flying full time.

In the UK (without putting the full maintenance schedule here) a 50hr insp. takes about 2-3 hours a 100hr takes 6-7 assuming nothing is found to be wrong. We also have a 400hr insp taking about a week to complete, the 800hr takes a day and a night shift a good week to finish. Now that may be a lot of servicing to you, but our engineers do a spectacular job, our aircraft is immaculate (given its hours and some of my landings ) and we have little or no unscheduled down time.

I now understand that some of the component times are being extended. Some of the gearbox's that would have been removed for overhaul will now have a boroscope inspection and their life extended. On top of everything else I feel this is all too much in one go. At best operators my find themselves with a lot more unscheduled down time, at worst

Now I love the 135, it is the best helicopter in it's class and easy to see why it is selling so well. I just want to see its well deserved reputation maintained.