PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gender free or gender fair...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 06:36
Training Risky

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh dear Pr00ne, you do get defensive don't you?!

'Purile nonsense'? I don't think so... you'll find a large proportion of the guys in HM Forces agree with me, and we're in the majority, so stuff that in your Tony Benn pipe and smoke it.

You are outnumbered on this one.

Young recruits should have had physical fitness drummed into them at school, but aren't competitive (therefore physical) sports banned at state schools? We are not getting the calibre of recruits we need.

If they join, then get biffed halfway through training through no fault of the DS then they should be barred from making compensation claims. But then there will always be shyster lawyers/barristers (right Pr00ne?) on the make to advise them on how to claim a good settlement with the MoD.

And PC has everything to do with it. To coin an overused phrase, this is PC gone mad. Why should there be ANY difference between the Training Performance Standard for either sex? There should not. It is only the rampant march of PC that allowed it to happen... and look what it caused!

Look at the Doris who was pushed through the All-Arms Course after 3 attempts... anyone else would have been chopped!

Look at this 'RAF' magazine: http://www.titanbooks.com/raf/

It's fairly new, but there have been at least 2 centrespreads showcasing a couple of female pilots doing exactly the same job as their 'un-newsworthy' male colleagues.

And what do we do when we don't have enough people who pass to a common standard: We train better, we learn from mistakes (Deepcut), but there's no need to drop standards.

The legal profession make a parasitic living off reels and reels of petty legislation coming out of Parliament and Brussels. I'm not surprised that they pooh-pooh any criticism of PC'ness.

PC?

Last edited by Training Risky; 23rd Mar 2005 at 07:32.