PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remuneration for Private Operations
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 01:33
turning inbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remuneration for Private Operations

I have a question regarding being paid for PVT ops when the pilot holds a PVT licence.

I have heard people say that you may not receive payment for flying with a PVT licence.

However, CAR 2 (7d) states in part

"an aircraft that is flying or operating for the purpose of, or in the course of
(i) the personal transportation of the owner of the aircraft; and
(v) the carriage of persons or the carriage of goods without a charge for the carriage being made other than the carriage, for the purposes of trade, of goods being the property of the pilot, owner or hirer of the aircraft;
shall be taken to be employed in private operations.

CAR 5.78 states that a PPL holder is authorised to fly a PVT operation as PIC.

The example I've heard relates to a company that owns an aeroplane and wishes to transport its employees from place to place, without charging them for their seats on board. Therefore, there is no charge for the carriage.

This seems to be a PVT operation and a PPL holder would seem to qualify to be the PIC.

Can the company pay such a pilot to conduct the operation? If not, what is the justification in the regulations?

A similar question would be can the owner of an aeroplane pay a PPL holder to fly his/her aeroplane around with him/her on board?