PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World's longest mail run
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2005, 01:13
Roost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Titan

Boys you really need to do some research -

The Titan has more prop clearence then most of the types mentioned doing the run previously, i.e. c210 , cherokee six, Baron, c402a & b, Cheiftain.

It will also get into and out of short strips better then the c402a&b and Cheiftain. Perform better in 35c+ temperatures.

I agree the shrike would be very good, and have no coment on the Partenavia, as I have not operated that type. However a coment like Titan being the worst, you have no idea and are nowhere.

You better look again if you don't think the titan is just as STOL as some of the types that have done the run. Yes the shrike MAY out STOL the titan.

As for wet runways, the Titan once again comes in trumps as its tyre size is greater then most.

PAX view, the titan has great view because of window size and if you want to lookout, ask for a seat not on the wing. There are always pax that have seen it all b4.

Number of engine starts and shutdowns, the 404 is as easy as any other to start and perhaps a little easier then the C402a&b, Baron and definately easier then the Cheiftain.