PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 23:20
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunately the report - not wholly accurately reported in that anything I said that was positive about the aircraft [as opposed to relating to the spares] was left out of the 10 minute conversation I had with the Yorkshire Post last week - was instigated by Mr Whitehouse.

It seems he was aware of the grounding from local sources before calling me. I guess they sort of missed the Explorer attending calls perhaps? But by then I think it was a story pretty much on the grapevine a week ago.

My information is that it was nothing to do with role equipment or radio upgrades but just down to the problem that we all know is there. Spares availability.

What Limits. If you you had read the Yorkshire Post article properly before going off in a blinding rage just because I was quoted you may have noticed that the South Yorkshire UEO was also quoted at greater length and it seemed to me he was not disputing any technical grounding and was less than pleased with the situation. Check your facts. Accuracy might help.

Eurobolkow accurately noted that the quote about the Dutch Police cancelling their order was as a result of a long delayed performance increase and certification thereof rather than the suggested spares problem. I do not know the Post author but I would guess that next week he will be reporting on a Womens Institute meeting... a traffic court case etc... so he at least is allowed to misunderstand the odd bit on this article.

The same general defence of his article can be applied to the thrust of the down time numbers and the 'Eurocopter' option .... this is a very concerned Yorkshire Post not Flight International.

What Limits .... 'Don't think I have ever seen Bryn Elliot say anything good about the MD 900. This may or may not have anything to do with the fact that Eurocopter are big advertisers in PA News!'.......... check your facts on both accusations. Accuracy might help.

B