PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nottingham Lynx Ditching
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2005, 23:19
totalwar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good points made by Razordome...I'm sure we can all say "there but for the grace of god" etc etc. and like he says...No one got hurt and many lessons "identified" .

There are rumours battling around VL that in this case however the Lynx guys will be assuming the "Off Caps" position.. I've heard that high ranking people want to blame someone and are baying ....

Now that worries me a little. Especially with the points made by Razor. We have all probably made mistakes...some we got away with...some we didn't. However, to throw the book at anyone for making a mistake will only bread a culture of deceit, sweep it under the carpet, keep it in the squadron, don't tell anyone etc etc. I strongly believe that the open and honest reporting policy we employ is the backbone of the Fleet Air Arm. Anything beyond a cockpit article is far too much.

A friend of mine works for the airlines (ex RN) and he mentioned the difference between the airlines and the military is that in the Airlines when there is an incident the company are happy to find out WHAT happened and leave it at that. In the military we seem to be breeding a culture of blame. We must have some one to blame and throw the book at....

Interesting concept.....

Oh and for Bigtop....the aircraft DID NOT run out of fuel.